What is Direct Primary Care?
We provide medical care without the insurance middleman on a subscription basis.
- Unlimited contact with Dr. Varble: in her office, at your home or workplace in Buena Vista, by phone, email, video, and text message
- Basic labs:Cholesterol (lipid panel), Sugar/diabetes testing (A1c, fasting blood sugar), Testing for anemia (CBC), Thyroid (TSH), Liver/kidneys/electrolytes (Comprehensive metabolic panel, CMP)
- Many other services, including urgent care, are available:
- Flu, strep throat, and urinary tract infection testing
- Laceration repair
- Skin biopsy (checking for skin cancer)
- Splinting and casting for sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Joint injections and trigger point injections
- Chronic disease management
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Allergies (and allergy shot therapy)
- Autoimmune diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lupus and more
- Chronic kidney disease
- Dementia and elderly care in your loved ones' home (for Buena Vista-based patients)
- Pap smears
- Pregnancy and sexually-transmitted disease testing
- Hormone replacement (including bio-identical hormones)
- INR management with home-testing
- Well Child Checks
- Sports, School, and Camp physicals
- Annual Physicals
- Well woman exams/woman's health
- Newborn care in your own home (for Buena Vista-based patients)
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) exams
We do not bill insurance, but you will want to carry at least a high-deductible policy to cover expenses like hospitalizations, emergency room visits, specialists, imaging like MRI’s, and labs outside of the basic list.
Relaxed, hour-long appointments let you address all of your concerns. Perfect for those with anxiety about going to the doctor's office.
Enjoy the benefits of a private visit to the doctor’s office without others in the waiting room. No more long waits in a crowded waiting room. No more sharing your concerns with receptionists and appointment-makers. Your medical records are secure with just a physician, nurse, and covering nurse practitioner, instead of a staff of 50 at large clinics.
Always have access to your doctor at the time most convenient to you. We are open Monday through Sunday, 6 am to 8 pm.
Guaranteed same-day appointments. No more calling multiple doctor’s offices, trying to get an appointment that day.
No more settling for someone other than your doctor, just to get seen that day. Dr. Varble alone provides 99% of patient care.
Appreciate the benefits of a modern practice, with medical care by phone, email, text, and video, especially when you are out of town.
Fees are simple and allow you to budget for your healthcare across an entire year without unanticipated costs for your primary care.
Adults, ages 19-39, $65 per month
Adults, ages 40-64, $75 per month
Adults, ages 65 and up, $100 per month
Kids, with one parent enrolled, $25 per month
$75 registration fee at the start of each subscription for a family
What is Cost Sharing?
Dr. Varble is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. She and her husband, Derek, have two boys, aged 10 and 13.
After earning her Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering at Stanford University, Dr. Varble completed four years in the United States Air Force, with an honorable discharge as a Captain.
She then pursued medical school, first at Wake Forest University, and then at the University of Southern California, after her husband’s Air Force transfer to Los Angeles. She received her MD degree in 2002. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at St. Anthony Medical Center in Denver, where she earned the fourth-year Chief Resident position.
In 2014, after 12 years in medicine in Denver and Buena Vista, Colorado, the American Academy of Family Physicians awarded Dr. Varble the degree of Fellow, recognizing her service to underserved and rural communities in full-spectrum Family Medicine. She is board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
Dr. Varble stays active by cross country skiing, swimming, and biking. She is very involved with Boy Scouts and youth cross country skiing programs.
We get it. 13% of our county is uninsured, and an additional ~19% is on a non-group plan, paying a fortune for insurance that has a $7000 deductible, such that 31% of the county really does not have access to affordable care. This is not readily known to healthcare agencies in the county. The assumption is that nearly everyone is well-insured. 1 in 3 in our county are treated as second-class citizens with reduced access to care.
At Peace of Mind Medical Care, we provide care in our office for a low monthly subscription fee, during the day, at night, and on the weekends. We guarantee same-day appointments for urgent conditions to keep you out of the emergency department. We pay for basic lab work. No extra or hidden fees.
“87.4% of the population of Chaffee County, CO has health coverage, with 32.3% on employee plans, 15% on Medicaid, 20% on Medicare, 18.6% on non-group plans, and 1.46% on military or VA plans.
Per capita personal health care spending in the county of Chaffee County, CO was $6,804 in 2014. This is a 5.13% increase from the previous year ($6,472).”
Subscription-based medical care
Your health, your time, and your privacy are the highest priority.